Hi all, I’m investigating T inventory in a pipe. I originally used a 3D pipe and all was working fine until I played around with surface parameters and it began struggling to converge. I tried adjusting tolerances but it was very finickity so I switched to a 2D pipe slice, with a finer mesh. Obviously my results are now different as it’s finding the inventory in a 2D area.
Before, for the 3D pipe (25mm ID, 35mm OD, L=100mm), I assumed the result was the total number of mols in the volume, so was multiplying the output by 10 to get mols per meter of pipe.
For the 2D simulation, how do I interpret the values I obtain? And how do I normalise to mol per meter of pipe? I took a look here but am still a little confused.
Many thanks!
Stefan
Edit: for clarity, here are my results:
You can see that the 3D simulation is giving me a smaller output for TotalVolume. I assumed this was in the unites mol, so I multiplied by 10 to get mol per meter of pipe (as my mesh was a 3D pipe of 0.1m).
As for the 2D results, I’m not sure what the units are, or how to convert them to mol per meter of pipe.


